The National Research Institute of Brewing (NRIB) was established on May 9, 1904 in Tokyo, Japan as a national research organization concerning technology related to alcoholic beverages under the Ministry of Finance. NRIB is the only national research institute in the field of alcoholic beverages. It conducts advanced analysis and evaluation of alcoholic beverages, as well as fundamental and applied research on brewing, and disseminates knowledge. NRIB aims to contribute to the suitable and fair imposition of liquor taxes, the sound development of the alcoholic beverage industry, and the enhancement of public awareness regarding alcoholic beverages.
- New research topics 2020
- Outline of the 43rd Honkaku Shochu and Awamori Contest
- Outline of the Annual Japan Sake Awards 2020
- The story of Japan Wine was published
- Introduction to Sake, a leaflet for sake beginners in English, Chinese and Korean
- Operations of NRIB for the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Glossary of Terms on Sake Bottle Labels, in various languages